- Walk from home, the easiest way to get 10,000+ steps in whilst working
- Exceptional quality and performance
- Whisper quiet motor and padded bed - you'll forget you're using it!
The necessity you didn’t know you needed. Upgrade your standing desk with an under desk treadmill. Your work space just got its Glow-Up. Small and easy to store away when not in use, this under-desk treadmill base is ideal if you’ve already got a desk in your home or office.
- Our quality under desk treadmill, but with a premium desk!
- Easily control your desk height and treadmill base
- Perfect for home or office use with an incredibly sturdy frame
The latest addition in active office equipment. Control your desk height and treadmill base together with a new easy-to-use desktop console. Available now in our sleek white frame option, which was frequently requested by our fans, the OmniDesk treadmill desk will look great in any home or office.
€2,577.52 - €2,676.70
€1,932.89 - €2,081.65
- The ultimate walking treadmill combination!
- Premium powered desk with exceptionally sturdy frame paired with our leading walking treadmill
- All-in-one remote control adjusts both desk height and treadmill
The ideal work space desk setup. Easily change desk height & control your treadmill base from the all-in-one remote control console. Power up your old work space and transform how you exercise and get work done with this convenient desk treadmill that does all the heavy lifting for you.
€2,627.11 - €2,974.21
€2,131.24 - €2,478.35
- All the performance, without the frills
- Manually adjust this sturdy desk to your perfect height
- Comes with our leading walking treadmills
Our original standing desk combination with a no frills manual height adjustable desk and treadmill base. Upgrade your work space with the Classic pairing to stay active throughout your workday. As one of our most popular office wellness products, there’s a reason they call this manual height adjust treadmill desk a classic.
€1,684.96 - €1,784.14
€1,982.48 - €2,081.65
The Retro-Hub is time tested and brings that vintage look. Our original console for our Under Desk Treadmill presents clear numberal displays making tracking your time, distance, and calories very easy with no guesswork.
The Omni-Hub is a new versatile, smart console with a modern look. The console allows you to stop, start, and adjust the speed of your treadmill with the touch of a button. You can easily view your step count, distance walked, and calories burned.
- Leaders in office wellness solutions
- Loved by the world's leading brands
- Fast delivery across the whole of Europe
Walking Treadmills FAQs
Are Treadmill Desks Safe to Use in the Workplace?
First off, yes treadmill desks are safe to use. For the most part, walking on a treadmill desk poses all the same difficulties as walking elsewhere in an office, albeit with potentially more multitasking depending on the user. However, I'd like to think as a whole we are being more adapt to walking and multitasking what with the abundance and ease of cell phones. Rarely do you find someone walking down the street with a smartphone not tethered to their hand. Basically, walking on a treadmill desk while typing on your computer or while on a conference call is much like walking down the street while using your smartphone. In fact, without the added obstacles of other people, cars, bicyclers, etc. it is probably more safe.
Even so, we understand the concern for HR in adding them into the workplace. After all, walking while working is a fairly new concept and few people have had the opportunity to take a treadmill desk for a test drive so to speak. Because of this, at LifeSpan, we have added a variety of safety features to our treadmill desks.
What advice do you have for someone that has never used a treadmill desk?
As with any other product, a treadmill desk should be used solely as it was manufactured to be used. Doing so will help eliminate unnecessary mishaps.
You'll want to wear comfortable attire if you plan on walking for large periods of time. This includes both shoes and clothing. I personally keep a pair of tennis shoes next to my desk that a switch into every time before I begin walking. I don't know how many times I've seen pictures of women wearing 3-inch heels while using a treadmill desk, but I would definitely advise against doing so. You will want to wear comfortable, breathable clothing. Even though you will most likely be walking somewhere between 1.5 and 2.0 MPH (and likely won't break a sweat,) walking for long periods in skin-tight clothing is never enjoyable.
How Quiet is a Treadmill Desk?
LifeSpan treadmill desks are very quiet, especially when compared to fitness treadmills. Walk in soft-soled shoes at a comfortable pace and properly maintain your unit to reduce those extra noises. Read more.
7 Benefits of a Treadmill Desk
- Improves Mood and Reduces Stress: Regular exercise can help boost your mood and subsequently decrease anxiety through the brains release of endorphins in your body. These endorphins reduce your perception of pain and trigger a positive feeling in your body similar to the effects of opiates. Psychologically, exercise can also increase your confidence by allowing you to reach certain fitness/health goals as well as provide a distraction from your worries.
- Increases Creativity: Studies have shown that exercise is directly linked to creativity. Research conducted at Standford University had volunteers complete a test involving tasks like rapidly coming up with alternative uses for common objects, such as a button. They were then asked to complete a similar exam while simultaneously walking on a treadmill at a slow comfortable pace. From this they were able to conclude that almost every student preformed substantially better. On average, the subjects were able to come up with 60% more uses for the object when walking rather than sitting.
- Increases Productivity: Research conducted by the University of Minnesota (UMN) and published in the journal Obesity analyzed the effects of walking on a treadmill throughout the workday. They concluded that the work performance of people who used a treadmill desk for a year didn't decline after a very brief, initial adjustment to the change. In fact, the study found that both overall employee productivity and health improved. Stating that work quality, mental performance and time management all improved on days when employees exercised.
- Promotes a Healthy Body Weight: Walking, like other forms of exercise, burns calories. Albeit not as many calories as running or biking burns, but walking still requires energy and therefore provides a calorie burn. For weight loss, increasing your intensity level, increasing incline level or walking for longer duration's will burn more calories. However, when using a walking workstation for the first time, you'll want to start out slow and gradually increase your speed and walking duration over a couple weeks time.
- Reduces the Risk of and Helps Manage Type 2 Diabetes: Individuals living with type 2 diabetes have too much glucose in their blood, either because their body doesn’t produce enough insulin to process it, or because their body doesn’t use insulin properly. Either way, exercise can help reduce blood glucose levels and also help people with type 2 diabetes avoid long-term complications.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Like other forms of exercise, walking helps increase blood flow which in return decreases blood pressure. According to the American College of Sports Medicine, people with high blood pressure (hypertension) have lower blood pressure readings for up to 22 hours following a single walking session. For individuals that incorporate walking into their daily schedule, they may see decreases as high as 5 to 10 mmHg in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings.
- Helps Maintain Strong Bones: Weight-bearing exercises where you are working against gravity while staying upright are one of the best ways to build up and maintain bone density. These can be either high-impact or low-impact exercises. Examples of high-impact weight-bearing exercises include: dancing, jogging, running, jumping rope, etc.; and examples of low-impact weight-bearing exercises include: walking, hiking, using an elliptical or stair stepper machine, low-impact aerobics, etc..
Productivity in motion
Choose from a variety of walking speeds with easy-to-use speed control to match your needs and comfort level. With a hands-free automatic shut off key and quiet motor, our treadmill desks are safe and won’t be a distraction in your home or office. In fact, steadily walking as you work has shown to improve focus and boost your mood.
Using a treadmill desk can help you:
- Burn calories.
- Stay active and moving.
- Sharpen your focus.
- Help you stay motivated throughout the workday.
- Improve your mood.
- Save time by exercising and staying productive all at once.
With a full line of some of the most advanced and easy-to-use treadmill desks on the market, Lifespan Fitness has the treadmill designed just for you so you can begin transforming your overall health and wellness.
Why use a treadmill desk?
As home offices are becoming more and more common, so is the temptation to sit idle for most of the day. While there are certainly times to sit, our bodies were designed to stand and walk for a greater portion of the day than we often realize. A great way to introduce this activity into our schedule is to invest in specialized home office fitness equipment such as a treadmill desk.
The Benefits of a Treadmill Desk are Tremendous and Include:
- Mood improvement
- Increased creativity
- Increased productivity
- Stress reduction
- Healthier body weight
- Reduced risk of Type-2 Diabetes
- Lowered blood sugar
- Bone and muscle maintenance
As sedentary jobs have increased by 83 percent since 1950, we are in need of solutions that can help to combat this poor health trend. Treadmill desks are an easy and effective way to accomplish this.
Also... they're easy to use
At first, the incorporation of fitness equipment into a home office may seem a bit overwhelming. But we can assure you that treadmill desks are both safe and simple to use. At Lifespan fitness, we offer two basic packages that you can seamlessly incorporate into your current setup.
For those who currently own a standing desk, this is likely the best option. The treadmill base can be placed under your existing desk, connected to power, and it’s ready to go.
Our best-selling solution is our full treadmill desk. This package includes the treadmill base as well as a sturdy, adjustable desk for you to work on as you walk.
Whatever package you opt for, you will be investing in quality. All of our equipment is meant to be used daily and is produced with safety in mind. We do everything we can to ensure there are no trips, falls, or malfunctions of any kind.