A home trainer, or upright bike is a ‘bike’ to use indoor. They have a seat, steering wheel and you're pedaling like you would do on a regular bike. There’s a difference between a hometrainer and a recumbent bike. With a hometrainer you’re seated in an upright position. With a recumbent bike you’re seated in a semi reclining position.
The benefits of training with a hometrainer/upright bike
Of course, hometrainers are ideally suited to fanatical cyclists who for whatever reason are unable to cycle outdoors. But other athletes can seriously benefit from a hometrainer workout:
- Nothing is easier than training with a hometrainer. You just have to step up and start pedaling. Thanks to its small footprint and light weight you can easily lift the hometrainer and place it anywhere you like.
- A hometrainer is the perfect fitness equipment for athletes who want to train their leg muscles and glutes. You can train as intensive as you want and usually based on resistance, so your body really has to exert itself. You can kiss cellulite and limp leg muscles goodbye.
- While you’re training with a hometrainer or a recumbent bike you’re seated at a comfortable seat. Your joints aren’t weighed down by your body weight and they don’t have to deal with intense shocks. Your training is a lot like cycling and very natural and comfortable. You don't have any risk on injury.
- With training on a hometrainer you’ll burn a lot of calories and slim down effectively. Because it’s not stressful for your joints you can keep training with high intensity for a long time. This will further stimulate your calorie consumption.
- Hometrainers are perfect for overweighted people because you’re seated and don’t strain your joints.
- While you’re training only your legs move back and forth. This calm and regular motion keeps your heart rate at a low and frequent pace. A low and steady heart rate helps you to burn calories easier and faster.
We have your new hometrainer in stock
Want to buy the best possible hometrainer? Check our nice selection. We offer both hometrainers and recumbent bikes for home use, semiprofessional use and professional use. Order your new hometrainer easy online. You can pay in different ways and even afterwards so you can change your mind. We offer free and fast delivery. Order your hometrainer now and you’ll be cycling within just two days! We ship to almost all of Europe. Check out to which countries here.