It is recommended to wipe down the treadmill after each use to keep it clean and dry. Sometimes a mild detergent can be used to remove dirt and salt from the belt, painted parts and console.
For the monthly cleaning you remove the hood and clean around the engine and electronics. It is recommended to clean the engine compartment if the treadmill is located in an environment where soft carpet fibers can potentially draw into the engine compartment. It is important to check all hardware, power cord, or anything else that indicates that service is required.
Silicone treadmill lubricant
Keep your treadmill in optimal condition with LifeSpan’s 100% silicone treadmill lubricant. Proper lubrication at the bottom of the treadmill belt is required to reduce heat and friction, extending the life of the motor, electronics, belt and deck. The LifeSpan treadmill lubricant contains no harmful solvents and is colorless, odorless, non-toxic and non-flammable. Plus, the recently updated bottle is now easier to use than ever. The new design prevents spills on the treadmill or on your floor.
This 120ml bottle of treadmill lubricant is good for four uses or a year of normal treadmill maintenance.
How should you lubricate your treadmill?
- Turn off the treadmill and unplug the power cord.
- Starting at the front (motor side) of the treadmill, slide your hand under the belt, creating a separation between the deck and the belt.
- Slide the grease tube as close to the center of the deck as possible.
- While gently applying controlled pressure to the squeeze bottle, slowly move the applicator from the center to the edge of the treadmill. Apply about 1/8 of the bottle to the bottom of the strap.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on the other side of the belt.
- Plug in the treadmill and turn it on. Run the treadmill for 3 to 5 minutes to distribute the treadmill lubricant evenly.
- Keep the crosstrainer clean and dry. Wipe the crosstrainer clean and dry after every workout.
- Make sure the rollers and rails are clean. Even if you can’t see anything on it, it’s a good idea to wipe the rails with a clean, dry cloth about once a week.