DT7 desk assembly
For the full assembly procedure of the DT7 desk, you can look at the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5pfwGJ_dR8.
DT7 desk not moving up and down
If the DT7 desk is not moving. Calibrate the desk by pressing both desk height buttons at the same time. Make sure to use one finger on each button to ensure even pressure. Stop holding the buttons when the desk starts moving.
Changing the max speed from 3.2 kph to 6.4 kph, the units from kph to mph and other personal settings on the DT3, DT5 and DT7 consoles
To get to the Personal Settings mode, press and hold the STOP / PAUSE BUTTON and. After 3 seconds, F001 appears on the display.
1. Press until F014 is displayed to toggle between English and Metric. Press ENTER, EN or SI is displayed. Press to switch to EN (miles). Press to switch to SI (km). Press ENTER, pull out the security key and insert it again.
2. Press until F012 is displayed to enable / disable Intelli-Guard. ENTER - to switch on Intelli-Guard. Press ENTER, pull out the safety key and plug it in again.
3. Press until F015 is displayed to switch the acoustic alarm on / off.
- switch, press to switch on the acoustic alarm. Press ENTER, pull out the security key and insert it again.
WARNING - Audible alarm is set at the factory to warn the user that the treadmill is starting or that the speed is changing. Turning off the alarm is entirely at the discretion of the user.
4. Press until F018 is displayed to change the maximum allowed speed from 4 mph (6.4 kph) to 2 mph (3.2 kph). Press ENTER, 4.00 is displayed. Press, 2.00 is displayed. Press ENTER, pull out the safety key and insert it again.
5. To start at the speed before the PAUSE button was pressed, press until F019 is displayed. Press ENTER Display shows “0” by default. Press, "1" appears, press ENTER. Insert the security key again.
6. Press until F016 is displayed to view the total distance run. Press ENTER and the total distance will be displayed.
7. Press until F017 is displayed to see the total number of hours the treadmill has run. Press ENTER and the total hours are displayed.
The difference between the SC110 and SC120
For starters, to see if you are possession of a SC110 an SC120, you can look at the box it was delivered in or the serial number on the bottom of the console stand. The difference can also be seen in the number of cables that come attached to the unit. The SC110 only has one cable connected whilst the SC120 has two.
The SC110 is intended for only using a under desk treadmill or bike. The SC120 is intended for using an adjustable desk together with a piece of under desk equipment. The SC120 does not work without both cables connected to the intended pieces.
Console controls for the SC110 and SC120 consoles
The display shows 5 bars
It is likely that the power cord is loose/not installed properly.
It is recommended to check all the cables first, as shown in the figure below, first connect the power cable to remove the power, then reinstall it and turn it on.
LifeSpan Fitness - Ellipticals
The display shows code E1
In the housing of the cross-trainer, there is a speed sensor near the flywheel that measures the speed. If the reading sensor is a little too far away from the magnet, the speed cannot be read, and the display shows code E01. Locate the reading sensor in the housing. You will also see that a magnet passes the sensor every time you pedal. Slide the reading sensor a little more towards the magnet so that it comes close to it.
The display shows code E6 or E7
An E6 or E7 error code is an incline error code. The E7 code means the potentiometer value the console is reading from the lift motor is out of range. This can happen when there is a bad wire harness connection or a damaged wire harness. It could also just mean the incline motor needs to be adjusted back into range. If all wire connections look ok, the incline motor will need to be adjusted.
1. Turn the power OFF, wait 5-seconds and turn back ON.
2. Get into test mode and enter through the I/O testing step. This screen will display the potentiometer value of the incline motor. Different models will have different values. Check to see if the ramp base is raised to high incline level or if it is at the low level. If the ramp base is at a low position press the incline up button. This will cause the incline motor to raise the ramp base up. When the base gets to a mid-level position, press the incline up button a second time to stop the deck. If the running deck is in a high incline position, use the incline down button to adjust the deck to a mid-level position.
3. Once the unit is in the mid-level position, power the treadmill off for 5-seconds and then power it back ON.
4. Start the elliptical trainer.
5. Once the elliptical trainer starts the ramp base will move to the level 0 position. If this does not resolve the issue or it will not adjust, please contact customer service.
Also note that not all models will have the ability to adjust the incline motor. If the adjustment procedure is not found in the Owner’s Manual, then contact customer service.
The parts do not fit together
If parts connected by bolts or screws do not fit together during assembly, ensure to use proper tightening practices. Do this by first slightly tightening every bolt or screws for 2 revolutions in an opposing pattern. Continue rotating between each bolt or screw for 2 revolutions until all are tightened.
There is a knocking noise whilst training
Start by checking where the noise is coming from. The middle drum of the elliptical can act as an amplifier is not always the cause. Check where the noise comes from by feeling where the noise comes from. Warning: Look out with moving parts and ensure that you are always safe in the progress of doing this. If the noise is originating from the handle joints, the noise is likely caused by the joint caps. Re-assemble these using the instruction manual.
LifeSpan Fitness - Treadmills
Transporting the treadmill before assembly
Whilst transporting the treadmill, make sure that the folding mechanism is properly restrained. Directly after unpacking this is done using a tie wrap as described in the image below.
The treadmill makes a knocking noise
This is normal and occurs with every treadmill. The belt you walk on is welded together in the middle of its circumference. You can see this wide seem running across the belt. The sound becomes less over time as the belt becomes more flexible.
The treadmill makes a grinding noise while walking
This sound means that the belt is grinding against another part of the treadmill somewhere along the belt’s contour. The most likely place is the motor cover. Loosen the motor cover with the screws on the left and right, lift the motor cover about 2 mm and fasten them again.
The treadmill makes a bonking noise
The bonking noise can be due to 2 different factors:
1. The treadmill is not levelled correctly. Levelling the treadmill can be done using the levelling feet below the treadmill.
2. The running surface is not steady. Underneath the running belt is a plate that supports the weight of the user. Make sure that all bolts connected to the running surface and siderails are in and tightened sufficiently.
Lubricating the treadmill
Lubricating the treadmill is essential in maintaining the treadmill. In most cases this is only necessary if you can almost no longer move the running belt by hand due to the friction. The lubrication process consists of six steps:
1. Make sure that the plug is out of the socket for your own safety.
2. Lift the belt and feel with your hand if there is still oil on the running deck. If you still feel moisture or oil, then you do not need to lubricate. If the running deck is dry, then you need to lubricate the running deck.
3. Slide your hand under the belt and lift the belt away from the deck and apply about a dozen sprays toward the center from each side.
4. Rotate the belt 1/3 and repeat this application. Rotate another 1/3 and repeat once more. This should use a total of 1 ounce of lubricant.
5. Plug treadmill in and walk for a few minutes to disperse lube evenly.
6. Check the treadmill again in 4 months. Tip: Put a reminder in your phone.
You can also watch the following tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Cxt24b_CQ
Always make sure to remove excessive oil to prevent damaging components of the treadmill.
The belt needs to be adjusted
Keeping the tension on the band and ensure that the band continues to run well is important. You can find the full steps on the following page. You can also watch the following tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1FnGzUJMr0
The belt slips
If the belt slips, you should not adjust the running belt itself as this is likely an issue with the V-belt. Remove the power cord first. Open the motor cover by removing the bolts on the sides and in the front. Try to turn the V-belt. If the V-belt can turn more than a little less than a quarter rotation, the belt is not tight enough. Tighten the V-belt by removing the 4 bolts underneath the motor and moving the motor backwards using the screw on the side. Retighten all bolts once the V-belt can turn between one eight and one quarter rotation.
The V-belt looks like the following image:
The buttons do not work
This can be due to poor contact between the main wiring during installation. Refer to the image below to re-install.
For older models, the console connection might have more wires. In this case the flat ribbon cable needs to be reconnected.
The display shows code E1
Under the motor cover of the treadmill, near the V-belt, there is a reading sensor that measures the speed. If the speed sensor is a too far away or not pointing at the magnet, the speed cannot be registered, and the display shows code E01. Slide the reading sensor a little more towards the magnet so that it comes close to it or adjust its screw. A possible second reason can be the wiring connection. Follow the cable and ensure that it is properly connected into the printed circuit board. If you plug it back into the circuit board, the problem is solved.
The display shows code E6 or E7
An E6 or E7 error code is an incline motor error code. The error means the potentiometer value the console is reading from the lift motor is out of range. This can happen when there is a bad wire harness connection or a damaged wire harness. It could also just mean the incline motor needs to be adjusted back into range. In case you check the wiring. Ensure that the power cord is disconnected. if all wire connections look ok, the incline motor will need to be adjusted. Note that not all models will have the ability to adjust the incline motor. If the adjustment procedure is not found in the Owner’s Manual, then contact customer service.
The display shows code AC-1
Please contact us
The display shows code AC-7
The AC-7 error code means that the controller protects itself due to excessive current and high temperature rise. Start by lubricating the running belt using silicone oil. If the code persists after this both rollers need to be cleaned and the running belt needs to be replaced. If all of this does not help, please contact the service desk.
The display shows code DC-2
The display shows a DC-2 error when the controller detects too high of a current. Please contact the service desk.
The display shows code DC-3
When the display shows a DC-3 error, disconnect all power sources. Power up the treadmill using no extension cords and a single power supply. The error shouldn’t appear anymore. The issue persists, please contact our service desk.
The display shows code DC-4
DC-4 indicates an overcurrent, which causes the lower controller to enter the protection state. Most of these are protection mechanisms caused by poor lubrication and excessive friction, resulting in excessive current and temperature rise. Start by lubricating the running belt. If lubricating the running belt does not work, please contact the service desk.
The display shows code DC-7
DC-7 indicates a current overload, which causes the lower controller to enter the protection state. Most of these are protection mechanisms caused by poor lubrication and excessive friction, resulting in excessive current and temperature rise. Start by lubricating the running belt. If lubricating the running belt does not work, please contact the service desk.